BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
derekcra
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello -

I saw a few topics on this question, but I wasn't able to get anything to work for what I need.

I'm using SAS Enterprise Guide, and I have a .bat file that runs a few things within SecureFX (transferring files between servers with the Synchronize function). Right now, I run a process in SAS, and then paste the .bat path in the start menu and run it afterwards.

Is there a way to run my program, and within SAS, call this .bat file, similar to just running it with the command window? I tried a few things with the 'x' statement and sysexec, but nothing I've tried has worked so far.

Let me know if I can provide any additional detail, and thanks for any help you can provide!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SASKiwi
PROC Star

By default the ability to run operating system commands, including running BAT files is switched off. To confirm this run PROC OPTIONS and look for the XCMD option. If it is set to NOXCMD then it is switched off. You will need to get your SAS administrator to change this setting. A SAS user cannot change it.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
SASKiwi
PROC Star

By default the ability to run operating system commands, including running BAT files is switched off. To confirm this run PROC OPTIONS and look for the XCMD option. If it is set to NOXCMD then it is switched off. You will need to get your SAS administrator to change this setting. A SAS user cannot change it.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation