BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
ColeG
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello,

Beginning a couple of days ago, every time the Results Viewer opens, it opens in full screen, which maximizes my other windows as well. This happens either with a new SAS session and running any procedure that generates output, or if I run "dm odsresults 'clear'" and then run another program that will generate output.

I have not touched my settings and in looking at Options-->Preferences-->Results, I don't see anything that would explain this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, it's just annoying enough that I want to change it back.

Apologies if this is the wrong board.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ColeG
Obsidian | Level 7

Edit:

Selecting all the default Window options in order, maximizing and minimizing everything several times out of irritation, and then force quitting seems to have knocked something loose and it's back to working as expected. No idea why. Thank you again for your suggestion.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
ballardw
Super User

If Tools>Options>Preferences> General has the "Save settings on Exit" checked and you shut down SAS with the Result window expanded that might happen.

The "fix" would be to set the size for the results windows as desired and then shut down SAS. That should set the default size to what you want for that window.

You can set the size and position of the editor, log and output window but placing/sizing as desired and then issuing a WSAVE command by typing that in the little command box in the upper left for each window.

ColeG
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi,

Thank you for your suggestion. I do have that option selected and have tried closing and reopening SAS with everything as I want it (classic turn it off, turn it back on again) and that did not do anything. All the other windows stay as I like them but for some reason the Results Viewer stubbornly refuses to open in anything but full screen.

ColeG
Obsidian | Level 7

Edit:

Selecting all the default Window options in order, maximizing and minimizing everything several times out of irritation, and then force quitting seems to have knocked something loose and it's back to working as expected. No idea why. Thank you again for your suggestion.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation