BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Aasth
Quartz | Level 8

Hi Everyone,

I am working on SAS server and I have new libraries created that use new libnames. I want to change all the SAS data sets on my previous SAS programs to replace the old libraries with the new ones(that pint to a new database too). Is there a way I can do it ata time instead of clicking on each dataset and changing its name to point to new libraries?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
34reqrwe
Quartz | Level 8

You can use "Project Maintenance" from the "Tools" menu to do this

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Reeza
Super User
You can do a find an replace but it's dangerous. I wonder for historical programs if its worth just assigning two libraries to the same location and change it as you go forward or modify programs.
Aasth
Quartz | Level 8

I don't want to assign two libraries at the same location, just wanted to remove the old libraries with new ones

SASKiwi
PROC Star

If you just want to change all old dataset or library names to new ones through all of your programs, the Find and Replace tool in the SAS editors is a good way of doing this.

Aasth
Quartz | Level 8

Do we have find and replace for SAS EG projects too?

34reqrwe
Quartz | Level 8

You can use "Project Maintenance" from the "Tools" menu to do this

Aasth
Quartz | Level 8

I have 1000's of old SAS EG program that have to point to new lib names(new databases). Is there any script to automate it, so that I don't have to do it manually in EG.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 like
  • 4 in conversation