BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
RupaJ
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hello,

What are the options for saving SAS logs to a folder? I am aware of proc printo option, however is there a option on SASEG tool that could be set up to re-direct the logs to a folder automatically. We are on SASEG version 8.1 

Thanks 

6 REPLIES 6
SASKiwi
PROC Star

How are you running these programs? If you are running these interactively, then proc printto is your only option.

If you switched to running your programs in batch mode then logs would be produced automatically. 

RupaJ
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

@SASKiwi  -- Could you clarify what you mean by 

"If you switched to running your programs in batch mode then logs would be produced automatically. " ??

Basically I am looking for automatically saving the logs in a user's personal folder.

Also how would running a program interactively or batch mode make a difference. The logs are going to be generated either ways right?

Thanks

SASKiwi
PROC Star

@RupaJ  - I should have been more precise. In batch mode log files are produced automatically and you can control the folder and file name by using the -LOG option when invoking SAS. In interactive mode logs are also produced automatically but they are not sent to files automatically.

This link explains the different processing modes: https://documentation.sas.com/?docsetId=basess&docsetTarget=p1kxww6uew143an1rbqyopwl0bgx.htm&docsetV...

RupaJ
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Thanks or clarifying @SASKiwi 

@Kurt_Bremser  - Thanks for giving me an alternative. I am assuming all logs will go to a certain folder. I am looking for each users's logs going to their respective folder. 

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

Enterprise Guide uses a workspace server to run SAS code. The workspace server is configured by default to send all log text back to the client. Only the startup and shutdown messages are recorded in log files in Lev1/SASApp/WorkspaceServer/Logs.

You can configure the workspace server to record all logs from client action in the server-side log files, and define an alternate location for these log files. You do this by changing the logconfig.xml in the WorkspaceServer directory.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation