BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Ranjeeta
Pyrite | Level 9

Hello,

I have 2 tables 

Reg_SHSC_sorted with 207 cases

CIHI_SHSC_sorted with 115 cases

I am trying to find the cases that are  present in the 1st table i.e. Reg_SHSC_sorted and missing from  the 2nd table i.e. CIHI_SHSC_sorted 

Is the following code correct?

proc sql;

create table MissingCIHI as

select a.RegID, a.days_to_removal_date,a.site,b.*

from reg_SHSC_sorted a

left join CIHI_SHSC_sorted b

on a.Reg_ID =b.ID

and a.site=b.site

and a.days_to_removal_date>=b.days_to_admdate-2

and a.days_to_removal_date <=b.days_to_ddate+2

where a.RegID NE b.ID

;quit;

5 REPLIES 5
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

@Ranjeeta wrote:

Hello,

I have 2 tables 

Reg_SHSC_sorted with 207 cases

CIHI_SHSC_sorted with 115 cases

I am trying to find the cases that are  present in the 1st table i.e. Reg_SHSC_sorted and missing from  the 2nd table i.e. CIHI_SHSC_sorted 

"Cases" meaning some ID value matches in both data sets, or "cases" meaning the entire record matches in both data sets? What do the dates in the code have to do with this problem, this is not explained anywhere.

--
Paige Miller
Ranjeeta
Pyrite | Level 9

I am interested in the Cases that have the same ID value and the days to removal date and the other dates mentioned are some of the join conditions that I want to be satisfied for cases that have the same ID value in both datasets

Thankyou 

PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

@Ranjeeta wrote:

I am interested in the Cases that have the same ID value and the days to removal date and the other dates mentioned are some of the join conditions that I want to be satisfied for cases that have the same ID value in both datasets

This is still hard to decipher. Please show us some sample input data, and the desired output.

--
Paige Miller
Ranjeeta
Pyrite | Level 9

Please find attchd sample data

PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

Many of us will not download and open MS Office documents as they are a security risk.

We need to see your data, preferably as a SAS data step, following these instructions https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Communities-Library/How-to-create-a-data-step-version-of-your-dat... and we also need to see the desired output as well.

--
Paige Miller

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation