BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
SASuserlot
Barite | Level 11

I am generating the tables using the proc report. I want to get a underline under the one of the 'Treatment' heading, I used this code  " '"^R/RTF'\brdrb\brdrs' "  in the column section however,  it not generating the underline covering the treatments. I need an underline beneath the 'Treatment'  covering all the treatments. Can you please suggest what I am doing wrong and other options to achieve it. Thanks.

This is the code I used in column section

column ("^R/RTF'\brdrb\brdrs '" sort col1 ("^R/RTF'\brdrb\brdrs' Treatment Group" trt1 trt2 trt3 trt4 ) );

This is the output it generating without 'underline' beneath the Treatment header.

SASuserlot_0-1635194889101.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ksharp
Super User

Try this one:

ods rtf file='c:\temp\temp.rtf' style=journal bodytitle;
proc report data=sashelp.class nowd;
columns name age ("(*ESC*)S={borderbottomcolor=black borderbottomwidth=2}Treatment Group"  weight height);
define name/display;
run;
ods rtf close;

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
ballardw
Super User

@SASuserlot wrote:

I am generating the tables using the proc report. I want to get a underline under the one of the 'Treatment' heading, I used this code  " '"^R/RTF'\brdrb\brdrs' "  in the column section however,  it not generating the underline covering the treatments. I need an underline beneath the 'Treatment'  covering all the treatments. Can you please suggest what I am doing wrong and other options to achieve it. Thanks.

This is the code I used in column section

column ("^R/RTF'\brdrb\brdrs '" sort col1 ("^R/RTF'\brdrb\brdrs' Treatment Group" trt1 trt2 trt3 trt4 ) );

This is the output it generating without 'underline' beneath the Treatment header.

SASuserlot_0-1635194889101.png

Because of the way many options interact in Proc Report it is suggested to always include the entire procedure code, not just one line. Especially not a line that doesn't work.

You might consider creating a dummy report appearance with a word processor or other program, creating an image of that appearance and sharing that as well. I pretty sure at this time that I do not know where you want "line".

SASuserlot
Barite | Level 11

Thanks for our response. I will try to post the sample code.

Ksharp
Super User

Try this one:

ods rtf file='c:\temp\temp.rtf' style=journal bodytitle;
proc report data=sashelp.class nowd;
columns name age ("(*ESC*)S={borderbottomcolor=black borderbottomwidth=2}Treatment Group"  weight height);
define name/display;
run;
ods rtf close;
SASuserlot
Barite | Level 11

It worked Ksharp. Thank you very much.

sps_sandy14
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

We need to assign border width for the line you need for that report

'"^R/RTF'\brdrb\brdrs\brdrw' "

that W is the width of the border ,give 3 for that "w"

'"^R/RTF'\brdrb\brdrs\brdr3' "

Now it will work.Kindly check and update your comment.

KevinViel
Pyrite | Level 9

Similar to what Ksharp posted, I would consider an alternative, which might be more destination agnostic?  I am presenting a macro at PHUSE US Connect 2024 in paper SM04 that covers some of this and how to get adequate spacing between multiple headers of columns headers.  Consider:

`S={ borderbottomcolor = black
     borderbottomwidth = 1pt
     borderleftstyle   = none
     borderrightstyle  = none
   }

column page_order_1
       page_1
       section_order_1
       row_order_1
       row_1
       ( "`S={ borderbottomcolor = black borderbottomwidth = 1pt borderleftstyle = none borderrightstyle = none }Group 1`n(N = 10)"
         col1 
         col2
       )
       null1 
       ( "`S={ borderbottomcolor = black borderbottomwidth = 1pt borderleftstyle = none borderrightstyle = none }Group 2`n(N = 8)" 
         col3 
         col4 
       ) 
       null2 
       ( "`S={ borderbottomcolor = black borderbottomwidth = 1pt borderleftstyle = none borderrightstyle = none }All`n(N = 18)" 
         col5 
         col6
       ) 
       ;

I create the null_ variable using a compute block in REPORT and given them cellwidth = 0.25%.  They are missing values and have no borders.  A very important point is what TEMPLATE or STYLE overrides you employ.

HTH,

Kevin

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 5 in conversation