BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ZS2
Calcite | Level 5 ZS2
Calcite | Level 5

Is it possible to have two different titles while splitting the data into two pages in proc report? For example, I have a data of 10 variables to present and I am splitting the data into 2 pages using ID variable. I want the title of 1st page as 'ABCD' and the 2nd pages as 'ABCD- Continued'.

1 REPLY 1
ballardw
Super User

It will likely help to share your code.

If you are using a BY statement then you can provide options with the by variables. If your ID variable contains the text you want to use you could use the title option "#byval", if not create a format to map the actual value to the desired text.

proc sort data=sashelp.class out=work.class;
   by sex;
run;

proc format;
value $sexval
'F' = 'First Title'
'M' = '(cont) First Title'
;
run;

/* supress default BY line appearance*/
options nobyline;
title "#byval(sex)";
proc report data=work.class;
   by sex;
   format sex $sexval.;
   columns name age;
run;

/* reset byline*/
options byline;

The Sort is create a data set that can be displayed with BY group in Proc print. The Format will display text different than that of the variable. The Options nobyline means that the default "Sex=value" will not display. The title statement with #Byval means only the value of the by variable appears in that title line. The Format statement in the body of Proc report associates the format with the variable for just that proc report. Then reset the Byline option back to the default.

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation