BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Shyamkumar
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I have 4 datasets ,I need to proc compare between those. Please help me out with the examples.

Thankyou.

2 REPLIES 2
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

Since PROC COMPARE can only compare two datasets in one run, you have to do multiple runs.

The wizard in Enterprise Guide is good in assisting to create the code.

ballardw
Super User

It might help to tell us what exactly you want to know after the comparison(s) are complete.

If all you need to know is properties or existence of variables then you don't need Proc Compare.

If you need to compare individual values then are you looking for all or some of them? And how many variables would be involved.

Since proc compare only will compare 2 data sets at a time you are looking at the output of 10 "comparisons" which could be quite lengthy to browse through if there are specific questions you want answers about the datasets.

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation