BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Maneesh27
Calcite | Level 5

HOW TO GET THE THE OUTPUT AS 'F-TOTAL' USING PROC REPORT.

6 REPLIES 6
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

You will need to show us your existing code. You will also need to provide sample data, as working SAS data step code (which you can type in yourself, or follow these instructions). Lastly, many of us will not download attachments, you can show your output by including it in your reply by making a screen capture and then clicking on the "insert photos" icon.

--
Paige Miller
Patrick
Opal | Level 21

@PaigeMiller Just copy/paste of an image taken for example with the Snipping Tool works also since quite a while ago. One of the improvements to the forum UI which I really appreciated.

@Maneesh27 I'm one of these people who just need a bit more input from you before spending time answering your question (=help us to help you).

PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

@Patrick wrote:

@PaigeMiller Just copy/paste of an image taken for example with the Snipping Tool works also since quite a while ago. One of the improvements to the forum UI which I really appreciated.

I'm not sure I understand this ... unless you are trying to instruct @Maneesh27 on how to get his screen capture into his reply.

--
Paige Miller
Patrick
Opal | Level 21

@PaigeMiller Just saying that you don't need anymore the "insert photo" function but that you just can copy/paste your image into the browser window. 

...but anyway: We actually want primarily code and not pictures from the OP.

ballardw
Super User

Is your question about getting the text of "F-Total" into that column or getting the sums?

Note: if you provide pictures please do not show white text on light colors like the pink shown, the poor contrast is hard to read and has been known since the middle ages, better is to avoid the colors entirely and show black on white.

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

I agree with all the previous comments. It would have been better for you to show output without all the colors that made the output hard to read. Also, while it looks like you're using SASHELP.CLASS, it's not clear what ordering you've done or want or whether you just used SASHELP.CLASS instead of your own data for the example.

This report approximates what your report looks like, the ordering is not entirely as you show. Also, the colors are not done. If you know how to do those colors in PROC REPORT, then I leave that piece to you. The key to making this work to have the subtotals you want is to make sure the column for the SEX variable is wide enough to fit the text for the subtotal label. to that end, I have made a temporary dataset called NEWCLASS with a length of 15 for the SEX variable, so the column can hold the labels at the break.

Cynthia_sas_0-1677517140176.png

Hope this gets you started. For more help, please post your data and ALL your code.

Cynthia

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 in conversation