BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.

I'm trying to put a line underneath my column headings (one continuous line). It's not showing up even when

I added 'headline headskip' to the proc report line. 

I know my rules=NONE option may be messing with this but I literally can't have any horizontal grid lines except 2: 1) immediately

after the column headings 2) immediately after all the data rows.

This is my current output w/ my code.This is my current output w/ my code.This is what my output should look like (note the horizontal line below column headings.This is what my output should look like (note the horizontal line below column headings.

ods pdf style=tmplts.MyStyle;

proc report data=counts3 nowindows split="*" style(report)={rules=NONE frame=void}
headline headskip;
	columns (invnid coli2 coli1 coli3);
	define invnid /order style={cellwidth=31% asis=on just=l}
	"Investigator Name, and Investigator Number"; 
	define coli2 /display style={cellwidth=22% just=c} spacing=3 order order=data flow "Placebo*(n=&n2)" left;
	define coli1 /display style={cellwidth=22% just=c} spacing=3 order order=data flow "CMP-135 * (n=&n1)" left;
	define coli3 /display style={cellwidth=22% just=c} spacing=3 order order=data flow "All Patients * (n=&n3)" left;
	break after invnid/skip;
	compute after _page_/style={just=l font_face='Courier New' font_size=10pt bordertopcolor=black bordertopwidth=0.25};
line "Note:";
line "Investigator name & ID number used.";
endcomp;
	title1 j=l 'Company/PRJ5457C';
	title2 j=c 'Table 14.1/1';
	title3 j=c 'Enrollment by Investigator';
	title4 j=c 'Randomized Patients';
run;

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SuzanneDorinski
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

The headline and headskip options only affect LISTING output.

Instead of using rules=none for the style of the report, have you tried rules=groups?

ods pdf file='/folders/myfolders/ODS PDF/Journal_style.pdf';

%let n1=17;
%let n2=49;
%let n3=99;

* headline and headskip options only affect LISTING output!  ;

proc report data=sashelp.class nowindows split="*" style(report)={rules=groups frame=void}
headline headskip;
	columns (name sex age height weight);
	define name /order style={cellwidth=31% asis=on just=l}
	define sex /display style={cellwidth=22% just=c} spacing=3 order order=data flow "Placebo*(n=&n2)" left;
	define age /display style={cellwidth=22% just=c} spacing=3 order order=data flow "CMP-135 * (n=&n1)" left;
	define height /display style={cellwidth=11% just=c} spacing=3 order order=data flow "All Patients * (n=&n3)" left;
    define weight /display style={cellwidth=11% just=c} spacing=3 order order=data flow "All Patients * (n=&n3)" left;
/* 	break after invnid/skip; */
	compute after _page_/style={just=l font_face='Courier New' font_size=10pt bordertopcolor=black bordertopwidth=0.25};
endcomp;
run;

ods pdf close;

Below is a screen shot of the output.  I used SASHELP.CLASS since you didn't provide example data.

PROC REPORT with rules=groups has a line beneath the header and at the bottom of the tablePROC REPORT with rules=groups has a line beneath the header and at the bottom of the table

You may find this PROC REPORT Tutorial by @Cynthia_sas helpful.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
SuzanneDorinski
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

The headline and headskip options only affect LISTING output.

Instead of using rules=none for the style of the report, have you tried rules=groups?

ods pdf file='/folders/myfolders/ODS PDF/Journal_style.pdf';

%let n1=17;
%let n2=49;
%let n3=99;

* headline and headskip options only affect LISTING output!  ;

proc report data=sashelp.class nowindows split="*" style(report)={rules=groups frame=void}
headline headskip;
	columns (name sex age height weight);
	define name /order style={cellwidth=31% asis=on just=l}
	define sex /display style={cellwidth=22% just=c} spacing=3 order order=data flow "Placebo*(n=&n2)" left;
	define age /display style={cellwidth=22% just=c} spacing=3 order order=data flow "CMP-135 * (n=&n1)" left;
	define height /display style={cellwidth=11% just=c} spacing=3 order order=data flow "All Patients * (n=&n3)" left;
    define weight /display style={cellwidth=11% just=c} spacing=3 order order=data flow "All Patients * (n=&n3)" left;
/* 	break after invnid/skip; */
endcomp;
run;

ods pdf close;

Below is a screen shot of the output.  I used SASHELP.CLASS since you didn't provide example data.

PROC REPORT with rules=groups has a line beneath the header and at the bottom of the tablePROC REPORT with rules=groups has a line beneath the header and at the bottom of the table

You may find this PROC REPORT Tutorial by @Cynthia_sas helpful.

Thank you so much Suzanne! This code worked. I'm going to review different proc report options for each type of output.

You're amazing! Thank you!!! Smiley Very Happy

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation