BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
SASuserlot
Barite | Level 11

I am using the SAS 9.4. I would like to  open the rtf files once they generated after running the program. I am having issue some times it opens sometimes its not. Is it related to program or the Preferences setting issue. I tried checking and unchecking the box "View the results as generated" but no use. Any one can help what's happening here.

SASuserlot_0-1613056041600.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ballardw
Super User

@SASuserlot wrote:

I tried removing the ods noresult statment ( in log there is a comment) , its still not opening. I tried sending one graph plot to ods output, its not worked . In my code i just used one file name to ods output and sending all the plot into that file.

I forgot mention: you need to run ODS Results; to turn it back on.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
ballardw
Super User

I am afraid that you may need to show the LOG from one of the instances when the file does not open automatically.

One likely cause is that you already have the same named RTF file open in some program. The log will show an "in use" warning. All the other output such as Listing or HTML in results would still appear but the RTF won't "open" because it is open.

SASuserlot
Barite | Level 11

Here is my log, please ignore my date7 note in the log.

SASuserlot_0-1613058679610.png

ballardw
Super User

Remove the ODS NORESULTS statement.

The way that all the ODS output destinations work is in effect that the results are sent to the destination. When you use no results then NO ods results get sent so no file is created. If you check the creation time on your output RTF file, assuming you have created one with the same name, the time will not match the time you run the program.

SASuserlot
Barite | Level 11

I tried removing the ods noresult statment ( in log there is a comment) , its still not opening. I tried sending one graph plot to ods output, its not worked . In my code i just used one file name to ods output and sending all the plot into that file.

ballardw
Super User

@SASuserlot wrote:

I forgot mention: you need to run ODS Results; to turn it back on.

SASuserlot
Barite | Level 11

It worked. Thanks. 

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation