BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
tgrandchamp
Fluorite | Level 6

This afternoon our office disable "TSL 1.0". Following this change my OLE DB connection to SQL server, which had been functioning without a problem, failed to establish a connection. I have included my Libname statement that was working as expected until we made the change, along with the error message I am receiving. How can I re-establish connectivity?

LIBNAME VCSQL OLEDB USER=sasproc DATASOURCE='XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX' PROVIDER='SQLOLEDB' PROPERTIES=('initial catalog'=ZZZZ) OLEDB_SERVICES=NO BULKLOAD=yes PROMPT=yes;

The error reads (see attached):

Connection FAILED:

sql sTATE: '08001'

sql sERVER eRROR: 18

[DBNETLIB][ConnectionOpen (SECCreateCredentials()).] SSL Security

error.

1 REPLY 1
AjmalFarzam
SAS Employee

Hi,

When you say your office disabled TLS 1.0, do you mean they disabled TLS entirely or just restricted the TLS protocols (e.g. to TLS 1.2). If the latter, make sure that Local Security Policy > Local Policies > Security Options > ‘System cryptography: Use FIPS compliant algorithms for encryption, hashing, and signing' is set to enabled. I think you'll also need to reboot. 

Also, have a look at the Control Panel > Administrative Tools > ODBC Data sources. Look for the data source with the name you have specified in your libname with the DATASOURCE= parameter. Look at the properties and verify that all parameters are correct, paying particular attention to the port number. You can Test Connection from here to see if it is accessible.

Register today and join us virtually on June 16!
sasglobalforum.com | #SASGF

View now: on-demand content for SAS users

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation