BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Anjolieleg
Calcite | Level 5

I am new to sas and for training purpose, there are some files that I need to import into sas; I imported all but one has 34,334kb and the program said it is too big. How to import it?

3 REPLIES 3
Anjolieleg
Calcite | Level 5

When I tried to import the 34,334 kb excel file, here is the message I get: 

The size of the uploaded files cannot be greater than 10 MB. The size of the selected files is 33.5 MB.

ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

I think if you're using SAS University Edition, the limit is 10MB for an upload.  However, if you're using an installed version of SAS UE on your own machine, you can place the file into your "myfolders" area and read if from there.  If using the software from AWS, I don't think you have an option -- unless you can break up the file.

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content! Submit your proposals before Sept 16. Accepted presenters get amazing perks to attend the conference!
Ksharp
Super User
Or you could save this excel as a csv file to reduce the size .

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 16. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation