Calcite | Level 5
Anyone has the solution of this problem
Best
Calcite | Level 5
Please let me know the code so that we can get the desired output
VDD
Ammonite | Level 13 VDD
Ammonite | Level 13

there is no way to let you know the code that statement is unrealistic, others can assist you with issues in your code and can assist in helping you find the correct tool to use, but you have to also assist with replies and confirmations.

Are you asking the community to do your work or to assist you.

Assistance is provided with you input and examples of code and data that you are working with.

What have you tried the code that has been provided?  Did you try @Kurt_Bremser example?  If you did show those results.

God helps those who help themselves.

Managers give work to their employees based on the employees skill abilities they were hired for, did you hire into a position that is above your skill set?.  

Best
Calcite | Level 5
That code is not complete That was simply tell me how to read the input file with dataline statement.however I need the complete code that gives me the desired output that I have mentioned there.

I’m learning from you, I am not an expert on that just learning by questioning you , please assist me the further that part is ok I can read the input file

After that?
Astounding
PROC Star

If you are wondering why you don't receive more help ...

So far you have demonstrated a complete unwillingness to do any of the work.  Why not take the suggestions you have received so far, and use them to successfully read in the data?  You could post the log from that step to demonstrate that you are at least willing to do some of the work.

If you just continue to post a please for somebody to solve this for you, you are likely to get little response.

Best
Calcite | Level 5
I am sorry if I said something wrong, I didn’t mean to offend anyone, I just want to learn from you, i’m a novice programmers and consider you as my mentor and in fact I have learnt a lot from you of lately,I immensely respect you all.

All I wanted to emphasise that till now I got to know how to read the input file but from here i’m unable to build the logic.

I want you to help me here how can I get the details of each contribution of each section in the above form I mentioned earlier.

Note. We have to crate that report without using proc print because we can’t use proc print in mainframe.
Astounding
PROC Star

If you are serious about moving forward on this, here are three steps that I would expect from you.

• Post the log from your DATA step that reads in the data.
  • Confirm that the results of that DATA step are correct.
  • Explain why you can't use PROC PRINT.  Every other mainframe in the world is able to use PROC PRINT, as long as SAS is installed.

Best
Calcite | Level 5
Hi,

I am able to read the file now please tell me what would be the logic in order to get the file
Best
Calcite | Level 5
Hello everyone,

Can we do group by kind of calculation in data step without using first.and last.?

Thanking you in advance!
Best
Calcite | Level 5
How can I do mastery in sas ?
Astounding
PROC Star

I have found that the first step to doing mastery in SAS is to have a computer with SAS installed on it.  Do you have that?  What SAS product(s) are installed?

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 28 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 4 in conversation