BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
dapenDaniel
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello! I am going to use a supercomputer to run my code and this supercomputer allows multi-threading. I need to tell the supercomputer how many tasks I would like to do when I submit the job order. The supercomputer has installed the latest version of SAS. I know SAS can do multi-threading process since SAS 9. Do I need to add some commands in my original code to tell SAS that I would like to do multi-threading? Or does SAS run multi-threading process automatically when I run codes on the supercomputer since I ordered more than one task? 

If it needs additional command, where can I find these code?

Thanks a lot!

2 REPLIES 2
ballardw
Super User

You should check the documentation for the System Option THREADS which has some warnings and few comments about specific procedures and products and use of threads.

SASKiwi
PROC Star

Here is a link to the doc @ballardw refers to: https://documentation.sas.com/?docsetId=lesysoptsref&docsetTarget=p0cvg7xpfvfyn4n1rnp64gu91poh.htm&d...

You might also want to consider using parallel processing as well. This is where you run several SAS sessions at the same time each running the same code, but on a different slice of your input data. Using SAS/CONNECT is a good way of doing this if it is available to you. This post contains a helpful example: https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Statistical-Procedures/Multi-core-multi-threads-processing/m-p/78...

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation