BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ammarhm
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Not sure where to post this, moderators feel free to move or remove...

SAS communities has been very helpful in providing answers and access to knowledge. 

In a world where everyone is increasingly mobile, it would be great to have access to a SAS communities as a mobile app, so that people can easily ask questions or check answers. I do acknowledge that posting a question is easier on a desktop especially if you want to copy a SAS code or data into the question, but you would imagine that building a mobile app linked to SAS communities as SAS support portal would be a negligible task for a massive enterprise like SAS....

And yes, i know SAS communities webpage is mobile friendly.

Just a thought...

Avid SAS/SAS communities user. 

2 REPLIES 2
ChrisNZ
Tourmaline | Level 20

I suppose the reason you mention is one of the main ones for an app not existing: the usefulness of this community depends heavily on posting code, logs and data, which is typically not available from a phone.

andreas_lds
Jade | Level 19

I don't thing an app is necessary at all, the website just needs some tweaks to be useful on a smaller screen. But this is true for almost all existing apps: they just show the inability to create proper websites.

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 16. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation