BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
SAS93
Quartz | Level 8

I'm working on a project I need to use SAS-callable SUDAAN to look at marginal predicted prevalence ratios (relative risk estimates) using weighted survey data. Plan to use backward elimination to build initial models.

SUDAAN does not support stepwise/forward/backward regression, at least not for survey procedures. So we're planning to do it "manually" (which I really didn't know was a thing--I was taught using the SELECTION = option with SAS), so I wanted to practice using normal SAS survey regression procedures.

So my question: when looking at -pvalues, which table am I looking at? I assumed I would be looking at the "Type 3 Analysis of Effects" table, selecting one-by-one the variable to remove that has the highest p-value, but I'm not 100% sure. 

1 REPLY 1
Reeza
Super User
Look at the CHOOSE and SLECTION options in PROC GLMSELECT. Note that you can have different evaluation criterias, your methodology of selecting the variable is to go backwards, but the criteria of how to choose that last is also something that varies.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation