BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
RupaJ
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hello, 

I am unable to find the "Manage Login" option in SASEG 8.1 version. Now in 7.15 version, I see that under Tools - SASEG Explorer - File - Manage Login. Here I would have the option to provide login credentials to access Teradata or any other database. However I don't see this option anywhere in SASEG version 8.1. Could any of you clarify/help?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RupaJ
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hi @SASKiwi 

So here is what I heard from SAS support.

In Enterprise Guide 8.1 there have been a few changes, the location of EG Explorer being one of them. In order to open that utility you will need to navigate to C:\Program Files(x86)\SASHome\SASEnterpriseGuide\8 and double-click to open SEGExplorer.exe

Here are the changes that have been made in Enterprise Guide 8.1:

https://go.documentation.sas.com/?docsetId=whatsdiff&docsetTarget=p14d505czxwgqnn14rji2345ersx.htm&d...

Thanks

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
SASKiwi
PROC Star

@RupaJ  - It looks like that has been removed in 8.1. SAS Management Console is the likely replacement for this.

RupaJ
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hi @SASKiwi 

We are planning to restrict access to SAS MC for regular users as it's only for admins. Also how would it be in SASMC as each user will have to configure this with their username and password. 

Thanks

RupaJ
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hi @SASKiwi 

So here is what I heard from SAS support.

In Enterprise Guide 8.1 there have been a few changes, the location of EG Explorer being one of them. In order to open that utility you will need to navigate to C:\Program Files(x86)\SASHome\SASEnterpriseGuide\8 and double-click to open SEGExplorer.exe

Here are the changes that have been made in Enterprise Guide 8.1:

https://go.documentation.sas.com/?docsetId=whatsdiff&docsetTarget=p14d505czxwgqnn14rji2345ersx.htm&d...

Thanks

SASKiwi
PROC Star

@RupaJ  - Thanks for pointing this out. I never used EG Explorer much but it seems weird that you now have to start it separately from EG even though it still has EG in its name...

Did SAS Support give a reason for splitting this off?

jzhao40
Calcite | Level 5

This is very helpful.  Thank you so much!

jzhao40
Calcite | Level 5

If you don't find SEGExplorer.exe in C:\Program Files (x86) switch to C:\Program Files, that is where I found mine.

C:\Program Files\SASHome\SASEnterpriseGuide\8

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation