BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Reeza
Super User
And the Z drive is where? That path looks like a Windows path not Unix path.
RAVI2000
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
The folder is a shared folder which we have to map manually. Once I map it then only I am able to access it.
Reeza
Super User
From your unix system? Show me a unix command that shows this path is correct via echo.
Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

@RAVI2000 wrote:
The folder is a shared folder which we have to map manually. Once I map it then only I am able to access it.

On unix you don't "map" disks, you "mount" them.  And individual users do not have permission to mount disk, just the system administrators.

On Unix the whole file systems looks like on giant tree starting with the root node ( / ).  Individual shared disks or folders are mounted to subdirectories in that tree.  

So if on Windows you use something like:

net use Z: \\hostname\sharename

to "map" the shared folder to the Z virtual drive letter.

On Unix someone would mount that share at some directory path. perhaps something like:

/usr/local/hostname/sharename
RAVI2000
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
Thank you for the input Kurt! But if you observe my log, I have given it correctly. But SAS is reading it like this Z\:

How can I correct it?
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

From a later post of yours I see you are using SAS on UNIX, so

dir /s /b

can't work at all.

dir has to be a shell script or an alias mimicking the DOS command, but it does not "understand" the same options or the same syntax. And there will not be a Z: drive on UNIX ever, as these systems do not have the concept of drives, they have a single filesystem starting at root (/) where all resources need to be mounted.

So I guess the re-ordering of the characters is a consequence of the mistaken use of a Windows path.

Ksharp
Super User
Post your log.
And in log should display all these .sas filename .

P.S Assuming your PIPE could be execute under SAS.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 22 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 7 in conversation