BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
pragatim1992
Calcite | Level 5

Thank you for allowing me to join this community.

I am Base SAS 9 certified and I would like to do Advanced SAS 9 certification too but before doing that I would like to understand the career opportunities on this industry. I have extensive 5+ years of experience in Life science/Pharma domain, and I have good analytical skills. Can anyone help me to understand how much efficient it would be to switch and walk on this path and get into SAS world? 

Thanks in advance 

2 REPLIES 2
Reeza
Super User

Honestly, work experience will convey your skills better than the certification. 

You're also more likely to get better results by doing a SAS paper or some case studies online. 

You can access and use SAS UE and/or SAS OnDemand for Academics (Independent Learner option) for this purpose for free. 

It's a lot more powerful if you can show people what you can do directly. 

@pragatim1992 wrote:

Thank you for allowing me to join this community.

I am Base SAS 9 certified and I would like to do Advanced SAS 9 certification too but before doing that I would like to understand the career opportunities on this industry. I have extensive 5+ years of experience in Life science/Pharma domain, and I have good analytical skills. Can anyone help me to understand how much efficient it would be to switch and walk on this path and get into SAS world? 

Thanks in advance 

pragatim1992
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks! I will try to go through the options and I hope this will help me to learn more.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation