BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Susana0000
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi everyone,

I've successfully installed SAS on my mac through bootcamp.

However, whenever I add a new library it says library has 0 members, which means anytime I try to do a proc function I get an error about the file not being available.

I'm sure I've got the right path and everything, cause I use the Browse option.

I'm wondering if that's a technical thing?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

P103P01 is not a SAS data set, it is a SAS program. Since it is not a SAS data set, you cannot run PROC CONTENTS on it.

There are apparently zero SAS data sets in that folder.

You can load the file p103p01.sas into your SAS program or enhanced editor view, via File->Open.

--
Paige Miller

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
ChrisNZ
Tourmaline | Level 20

Show us the log and the browse screenshots please.

Susana0000
Fluorite | Level 6

Susana0000_0-1619347777770.png

Susana0000_1-1619347875867.png

Thank you for responding!

PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

The file you are trying to work with does not exist.

Please show us the screen capture of the Windows Explorer view of the folder you are trying to work with.

--
Paige Miller
Susana0000
Fluorite | Level 6

Susana0000_0-1619350247721.png

PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

P103P01 is not a SAS data set, it is a SAS program. Since it is not a SAS data set, you cannot run PROC CONTENTS on it.

There are apparently zero SAS data sets in that folder.

You can load the file p103p01.sas into your SAS program or enhanced editor view, via File->Open.

--
Paige Miller
Susana0000
Fluorite | Level 6

That makes sense!! Thank you so so much. I've tried adding .sas7bdat file and it pops up!

Thank you all for all your help 

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

I'm confused by the unzipped files you show. They are a collection of some (but not all) of the files we use with our Programming 1 course. The issue that I see is that you should have a top level folder of EPG1V2 and then 5 subfolders under that main folder: activities, data, demos, output, practices. I don't see any of those subfolders. Somehow, I think you may have downloaded the wrong zip file for the Programming 1 class.

If you are using our e-learning version of Programming 1, then you need to follow ALL the steps in the Course Overview and Data Setup instructions (before Lesson 1) -- you definitely should NOT move forward in the class until you have a top level class folder and 5 subfolders as I describe.

If you are taking a version of Programming 1 from an instructor and they have provided a special folder for you to use with only some but not all of the files from Programming 1, then you'll need to ask your instructor for help.

If you are working on your own, not with an instructor and you ARE having issues setting up the data for Programming 1, then please send mail to elearn@sas.com and ask for help with the set up for the class data.

Cynthia

Susana0000
Fluorite | Level 6
Hi Cynthia! I wiped my laptop a few weeks ago and forgot to redo the setup. A lot of things make sense now, thank you so much!

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 5 in conversation