BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
SASWayne
Quartz | Level 8
Hello Experts,
I'm trying to understand the difference between using 'snow' and 'sasiosnf' in the place of engine in the libname statement to connect with Snowflake using SAS/ACCESS to Snowflake.
Ex-
libname snowlib snow dsn=snowprod;
libname snowlib sasiosnf dsn=snowprod;

Could someone help me with the difference please?
Thanks!
4 REPLIES 4
SASKiwi
PROC Star

I've only found sasiosnf mentioned in documentation in relation to Viya. Have you tried it and does it work? It's possible that snow and sasiosnf are just synonyms for each other. You could always ask SAS Tech Support for clarification.

SASWayne
Quartz | Level 8
I have used sasiosnf with SAS 9.4M7 and it works, not tried 'snow' yet. I think it'll give it a shot, will post the results later.
SASKiwi
PROC Star

If you search the main SAS documentation site you won't find sasiosnf at all so snow appears to be the "official" engine. I've found mention of sasiosnf in SAS Support but not many hits.

JBailey
Barite | Level 11

Hi @SASWayne

There isn't a difference in use. SASIOSNF is the actual engine name. SNOW is an alias. Both work.

Best wishes,
Jeff

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation