BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
murphym6
Calcite | Level 5

Hi All,

So, I wrote a decent amount of code last year while using SAS on virtual box; however, in preparation for my manuscript, I've had to look back at the code to run one or two more tests now using SAS On Demand, but when I attempt to run the program, I receive an error message that the libname does not exist. The code worked without error previously , so the only change has been not using virtual box. I'm hoping there is an easy fix to this, but so far, I have been unable to assign a libname in SAS On Demand and can't get any of the code to run. Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

University Edition used a shared folder on the host computer, On Demand runs in the cloud and has no connection to your local storage apart from the upload/download facility in SAS Studio.

So you need to adapt your physical names, instead of /folders/myfolders use /home/username, and upload your existing files to your home directory.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jimbarbour
Meteorite | Level 14

Well, that's certainly odd.

Would you please post your Libname code and your log?  If you would, it's very helpful if you use the following icons to post code and log with:

jimbarbour_0-1628658172827.png

Jim

andreas_lds
Jade | Level 19

Virtual Box used files and directories on your local computer, SAS on demand can only use uploaded files.

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

University Edition used a shared folder on the host computer, On Demand runs in the cloud and has no connection to your local storage apart from the upload/download facility in SAS Studio.

So you need to adapt your physical names, instead of /folders/myfolders use /home/username, and upload your existing files to your home directory.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 4 in conversation