BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
cileo
Calcite | Level 5

Dear all:

I have the background of working in Business intelligence reporting tools like (Cognos, BO, Crystal reports), now I got an ask to work on SAS project. Being not so familiar with programming how could I start my SAS learning? I know there is an abundance of resources on the web, Please guide me on where to start?

Appreciate your responses.Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Phil_NZ
Barite | Level 11

Hi @cileo 

I think the good way to study SAS is to learn some basic procedures first. Then rolling up your sleeves and try to run some simple statements practically to get the feelings, and focus on what you are doing.

When you get suck during coding progress, try to search from google with the belief that you are not the first one facing such a problem. Afterward, if you still cannot deal with this issue, raise a topic here and ask for help from such an amazing community with an open-minded mindset.

As a guide from @Rick_SAS 

Most internet search engines support using the search engine: keyword to restrict the search to a specific domain. Here are some searches you might enjoy. I use <topic> to refer to whatever you are searching for. For example, you might replace <topic> by 

sas delete observations

<topic> site:blogs.sas.com     [will search the SAS blogs for answers]

<topic> site:communities.sas.com     [will search these Q/A forums]

<topic> site:documentation.sas.com     [will search the SAS documentation]

<topic> site:sas.com     [will search all of the above, and more]

Thank you for your help, have a fabulous and productive day! I am a novice today, but someday when I accumulate enough knowledge, I can help others in my capacity.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
SomnathP
Fluorite | Level 6

Hey Cileo,

There are a couple of courses in Coursera. You can check them out.

Phil_NZ
Barite | Level 11

Hi @cileo 

I think the good way to study SAS is to learn some basic procedures first. Then rolling up your sleeves and try to run some simple statements practically to get the feelings, and focus on what you are doing.

When you get suck during coding progress, try to search from google with the belief that you are not the first one facing such a problem. Afterward, if you still cannot deal with this issue, raise a topic here and ask for help from such an amazing community with an open-minded mindset.

As a guide from @Rick_SAS 

Most internet search engines support using the search engine: keyword to restrict the search to a specific domain. Here are some searches you might enjoy. I use <topic> to refer to whatever you are searching for. For example, you might replace <topic> by 

sas delete observations

<topic> site:blogs.sas.com     [will search the SAS blogs for answers]

<topic> site:communities.sas.com     [will search these Q/A forums]

<topic> site:documentation.sas.com     [will search the SAS documentation]

<topic> site:sas.com     [will search all of the above, and more]

Thank you for your help, have a fabulous and productive day! I am a novice today, but someday when I accumulate enough knowledge, I can help others in my capacity.
cileo
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks a lot for your detailed explanation and steering towards me to the learning. 

CarmineVerrell
SAS Employee

I would start at these free 

How To Tutorials - SAS Video Portal

If you will start coding we have a free e-learning course 

SAS Training in the United States -- SAS® Programming 1: Essentials

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 4 in conversation