BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Doug____
Pyrite | Level 9

How can one scan inside an EG project from another EG project looking for certain keywords? The purpose would be to determine where a specific table was referenced without having to manually open every project.

3 REPLIES 3
PhilC
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

No. I think it would require advanced methods using the EG API, i.e. using VBS, VBA or other scripting platforms.  

I have used this code, from @ChrisHemedinger,  to iterate through one project's code, but I have not used it to search the file system.  I can envision it being done.

sas-eg-automation/ExtractCode.vbs at master · cjdinger/sas-eg-automation · GitHub

PhilC
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

I always have wished that EG could save its files in a way that the project's code was visible as text to OS so that the operating system could just perform text searches like the search you propose to do.

ballardw
Super User

Doesn't the Process flow window have an Export with options like "Export all code in process flow" or "Export all code in project"?

Manual step but should be able to get program text from that.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation