BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
hhchenfx
Barite | Level 11

Hi,

I got new PC and I install SAS9.4 in my C: drive (C:\Program Files\SASHome\SASFoundation\9.4).

I copied my old document from my old PC to the new PC in folder E:\backup as below and in this folder, turns out this back up also has "My SAS Files".

Now when run my SAS, it always point to this folder with the below error.

How can I fix it?

Thanks,

HHC

ERROR: Windows error code: 362 in hc_normal_read_uhb for E:\backup\Documents\My SAS Files\9.4\profile.sas7bcat, The cloud file provider
is not running.
NOTE: Unable to open SASUSER.PROFILE. WORK.PROFILE will be opened instead
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ballardw
Super User

Delete your current SASUSER.Profile.

SAS will rebuild it on the next start.

Trying to copy "profile" items from version to version is generally not worth the hassle. Catalogs are a not always compatible with different versions of SAS.

I have no idea how you pointed to the "old" version, so you might need to describe that.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Sajid01
Meteorite | Level 14

Hello@hhchenfx 

A clean install would not know of the E drive on its own.
Did you make any changes to sasv9.cfg or have sasv9_usermod.cfg?
Is your drive local to the PC or a remote shared drive?

ballardw
Super User

Delete your current SASUSER.Profile.

SAS will rebuild it on the next start.

Trying to copy "profile" items from version to version is generally not worth the hassle. Catalogs are a not always compatible with different versions of SAS.

I have no idea how you pointed to the "old" version, so you might need to describe that.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation