BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
romain01
Calcite | Level 5

Hi all,

I get back to the community today because I cannot find the answer to my question.

In the framework of my job (ie. I am a statistical programmer in a pharma company) I have to produce rtf file on a recurring basis which are shared with different actors in the company. Based on that and the fact that by default a RTF file is editable, I wonder if it is possible to generate/create a RTF file with readonly property using ods rtf?

I know it is possible to use a DOS command to do that but I would prefer use a SAS syntax if possible.

Note that I know a pdf file could fixe this question but this solution does not work for me.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Romain 

2 REPLIES 2
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

You can set the permissions with the PERMISSION= option of the FILENAME Statement on Windows and use the file reference in the ODS RTF statement.

Note that this only protects the file, not the content. Anybody can open the file, edit it, and save it to a new location.

ChrisNZ
Tourmaline | Level 20

An RTF file is just a text file. It has no security features.

If you are referring to the read-only attribute of Windows files, it doesn't do much either. Only group- or user-level security is effective. 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation