BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
lei
Obsidian | Level 7 lei
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi all,

I have been trying everything and nothing seems to work.

i have a fillable PDF form. I have a bunch of study participants ID and would like to populate either the header or footer of the PDF or just to print it anywhere on the PDF. Is this possible? If yes, some guidance would be really appreciated.

thank you

3 REPLIES 3
Reeza
Super User

Not directly but with some wrangling you can kind of do it, but you may need Adobe Pro.

I usually use VB to interact with my adobe files but have SAS generate the code. 

Do you have XCMD enabled so you can interact with your files via X commands?

lei
Obsidian | Level 7 lei
Obsidian | Level 7

Yes I do have xcmd enabled. 

Reeza
Super User

I would recommend using pdftk to fill it out via command line and then have SAS call it. If you have Adobe Pro - you may also want to look into their automator tool/javascript coding. You can automate processes within Adobe as well. This recommendation is definitely a 'hacked approach'. You're using another tool entirely - in this case primarily your OS tools and then you can call those from SAS.

http://joewiz.org/2014/02/13/filling-pdf-forms-with-pdftk-xfdf-and-xquery/

http://preserve.mactech.com/articles/mactech/Vol.20/20.11/FillOnlinePDFFormsUsingHTML/index.html

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation