BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
SAS93
Quartz | Level 8

I have complex survey data that I want to run log binomial regression on; from my experience so far and different documentation I've looked through, SAS doesn't handle LBR well when it comes to also accounting for survey weights and designs.

I know some papers have used LBR on weighted data using STATA, but would SUDAAN do just as good of a job?

2 REPLIES 2
ballardw
Super User

If you are thinking of using SUDAAN Proc LOGISTIC (or the SAS callable RLOGISTIC) then you may want to investigate SAS SURVEYLOGISTIC.

Easier?

Depends on experience I would say.

There are some differences in how variability is used so you can differences between the SAS and SUDAAN procedures though they seldom show up at greater than 0.01% of prevalence measures when set up with the similar options.

SAS93
Quartz | Level 8

Proc surveylogistic does not support log binomial regression, unless I've badly misunderstood the documentation I've read. It supports a variety of different link= functions, but not link=log. Regular proc logistic does.

I've also looked into proc genmod that apparently (mixed sources) may or may not support the various weighting statements that are required for complex survey data, while also supporting log binomial regression. Which has led me to %SURVEYGENMOD, which is a privately-developed macro that I can't seem to get ahold of the creators to ask about potential sharing (even though I've seen other papers use it for complex survey data). 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation