BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
rsva
Fluorite | Level 6

I need to get predicted marginals and SEs for multiple variables by year to evaluate trend. Below is part of the code that I extracted from the macro to keep it simple. I am posting part of the code where I see the error of insufficient memory error. Unfortunately I am unable to use option MEMSIZE=MAX since I am running SAS/SUDAAN in virtual desktop. Also using vitual memory option (USEVMEM=1) in the code.

CODE:

OPTION MRECALL stimer fullstimer ;

Proc rlogist data=One design=wr filetype=sas est_no=230000  usevmem=1 noprint;

Nest Yr stratum psu/psulevel=3 missunit;

Weight weight;

Model X1= S R G Yr R*Yr;

Class S R G Yr;

Pedmarg R*Yr;

Test waldf;

Output predmrg seprdmrg/filename=X1 replace filetype=sas predmrg=f12.4 predmrg=f7.2;

Run;

ERROR:

rsva_0-1655939371805.png

Any guidance would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

5 REPLIES 5
ballardw
Super User

Can you increase the amount of memory that your virtual machine has access to? That should be an option in the machine settings.

SASKiwi
PROC Star

Please post your MEMSIZE setting:

proc options option = memsize;
run;

The memory usage in your post isn't large and the PROC appears to fail before full initialising.

What is the memory setting for your VM?

rsva
Fluorite | Level 6

Memory usage below:

proc options option = memsize; run;

MEMSIZE = 2147483648

Detailed memory usage:

Proc options group=memory; run;

rsva_0-1656008409612.png

SASKiwi
PROC Star

A MEMSIZE of 2GB is small in my experience, especially for statistics procedures. The current setting in our SAS installation is 6GB. I'm fairly convinced you wont make any progress until your VM has at least 8GB and you increase your MEMSIZE to at least 4 or 6 GB. Talk to your SAS administrator about getting an increase.

rsva
Fluorite | Level 6
Thanks will do and post the results.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation