BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
didagreen
Calcite | Level 5

I am an absolute SAS EG beginner, I speak SQL and only use proc SQL, import and export excel. 

Here is an idea I am trying to achieve:

1. Import a word document with an indicator - <insert_data_set>

2. Run proc SQL,  to generate the data set. 

3. Run code to insert the generated data set in the imported word document. 

I have grander ideas but I feel like this is a good place to start. 

Any help, any old post recommendations, any suggestions.... would be greatly appreciated. 

Thank you for your time 🙂

1 REPLY 1
Reeza
Super User
Do you have the SAS add in for Microsoft Office?
Can I assume this could be considered a template and you want to drop your graph into a designed template?

Is it possible to move the full reporting to SAS? ODS Word is newer but it seems like it would help you in this case.

https://documentation.sas.com/?docsetId=odsug&docsetTarget=p10mxeb6wxqfjgn1p5u0w4t8qf20.htm&docsetVe...
https://www.sas.com/content/dam/SAS/support/en/sas-global-forum-proceedings/2019/3235-2019.pdf

Some other methods I've used historically for this include: VB Macros, VBS, Python, DDE (do not recommend!) or trying the Add In for Microsoft Office.
For template reports in Word, using the Mail Merge feature can be a really powerful way to generate a ton of reports that need to look identical, but change the region, sales group, class etc.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation