BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Nagaditya
Calcite | Level 5

Hi ,

how to calculate Inclusive percentile calculation. I need to calculate the these for my study. 

4 REPLIES 4
Reeza
Super User

Have you looked at the options available in PROC UNIVARIATE? I don't know if any meet your definition of 'inclusive percentile'. Can you clarify exactly what that means to you?

https://documentation.sas.com/?docsetId=procstat&docsetTarget=procstat_univariate_details14.htm&docs...

Nagaditya
Calcite | Level 5

i  calculated the percentiles using the p10 and p90 in the PROC UNIVARIATE. the valuse are different from  p10 and p90 valuse.i don' t know exactly what is the meaning of Inclusive percentile

Reeza
Super User

@Nagaditya wrote:

i  calculated the percentiles using the p10 and p90 in the PROC UNIVARIATE. the valuse are different from  p10 and p90 valuse.i don' t know exactly what is the meaning of Inclusive percentile

You need to ask your boss/supervisor or your professor then about the definition. Relying on Google or a forum, for that type of information is not a good idea.

I have no idea what you mean when you say "values are different from p10 and p90". Which values? Where did they each come from? What definitions are used to calculate them?

If you can't provide sample data, I suggest working off the SASHELP.CARS dataset to illustrate your issue. 

Amir
PROC Star

I think you need to provide more context, some data and anything you've already attempted, with a SAS log showing any issues.

I'm unclear on whether you don't know how to do it in SAS or whether you don't know how to do it in general.

A web search for "Inclusive percentile site:sas.com" gave the following link which might be of help:

https://blogs.sas.com/content/iml/2013/10/23/percentiles-in-a-tabular-format.html

Amir.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation