BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
schundru82
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I wanted to create an immutable table, which can be copied by by clicking in the corner to select the contents of the table (like in-text), but at the same time contents of the table cannot be edited. If anyone had any experience creating such table, please let me know how. Thank you in advance.

Regards,

S.C

5 REPLIES 5
ballardw
Super User

You can make a SAS data set password secured so that without a password it cannot be changed.

I have no clue what you are talking about with the "click on the corner" bit. What are you supposed to be able to actually do with the data after selecting it?

schundru82
Calcite | Level 5

Apologies for not being clear. 

I was referring to .rtf output. I am trying to create .rtf output (immutable), which can be copied/inserted into other documents. I hope this is clear. Thank you.

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

RTF has no means of internal protection, like docx files (where the Office software enforces protection). And as soon as the text is on-screen, you can copy/paste it somewhere else and edit it there.

You can have some kind of protection by converting your table to a picture (picture data can also be manipulated, but it's  more complex).

schundru82
Calcite | Level 5

Thank you!

ChrisNZ
Tourmaline | Level 20

RTF outputs are just fancy TXT outputs, and provide no means of protection.

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation