BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
a_zacMD
Obsidian | Level 7

I want to be able to flag those individuals who have multiple encounters and a previous encounter falls within a certain group, but only if it happens within a specified time frame (I am able to calculate the time, I'm just trying to illustrate the relationship.)

Here is an example. For ID 1234 there are two encounters, where the first is a type 1 and the second encounter happened at day 7. How can I loop the second encounter back to the previous (7-Jul-2020) encounter to confirm that encounter is a type 1 and therefore should fall into the bucket?

I don't care about ID 5656 because none of them fall into type 1. 

ID Date Group delta Bucket
1234 7-Jul-20 1    
1234 14-Jul-20 0 7 1
5656 7-Jul-20 0    
5656 14-Jul-20 0 7  
8879 7-Jul-20 0    
8879 14-Jul-20 1 7  
8879 21-Jul-20 0 7 1
1 REPLY 1
andreas_lds
Jade | Level 19

Please post data in usable form using the variable names you are using in the description.

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation