BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
albribmun
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi,

I would like to be able to select data where the 'send date' of my dataset refers to the last 3 weeks from today.

albribmun_0-1655136353349.png

Thanks.

11 REPLIES 11
Quentin
Super User

Hi,

Please show what code you have tried, and describe why it didn't work (did you get an error? did you get a surprising result?).

Also, please define your selection criteria more precisely.  Do you want to select all records where FECHA_ENVIO is within 21 days of today's date (the date the program is run)?

Perhaps:

if (today() - datepart(fecha_envio)) <=21  ;
BASUG is hosting free webinars Next up: Don Henderson presenting on using hash functions (not hash tables!) to segment data on June 12. Register now at the Boston Area SAS Users Group event page: https://www.basug.org/events.
Reeza
Super User
where fecha_envio > intnx('dtweek', today(), -3, 'b');

Thinks you should consider - what defines a week? Is it 21 days before exactly or does it start on Sunday's? Does it start at the same times as when you run the report (e.g 10:23) or is at the start of the day (00:00)? You control these choices with the first and last parameter in the INTNX function.
albribmun
Fluorite | Level 6

I have executed the command you say and it does not give me an error but it does not give me the expected result.

albribmun_0-1655137904711.pngalbribmun_1-1655137924185.png

Reeza
Super User
intnx('dtday', today(), -21, 'b');

Try that one instead
albribmun
Fluorite | Level 6

Not all

albribmun_0-1655192545333.png

Log:

albribmun_1-1655192561424.png

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

@albribmun wrote:

Not all

And as your log tells you, 885 observations met the condition and were read and written to the new dataset.

Please do not post pictures. Copy/paste log text to a window opened with this button:

Bildschirmfoto 2020-04-07 um 08.32.59.jpg

To supply example data for our use in developing and testing code, use a data step with datalines, and post it as text in a window opened with the "little running man" right next to the one indicated.

Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

Note that TODAY() is just an alias for the DATE() function.

So the function TODAY() returns a DATE value (number of days since 1960).

The DTDAY interval works with DATETIME values (number of seconds since 1960).

If you treat the number of days since 1960 as the number of seconds since 1960 you get some time early on January 1,1960.

If you want the current datetime value use the DATETIME() function.

albribmun
Fluorite | Level 6

Yes, I want to get all records for all other variables where the date is between the last 3 weeks. The code does not give me error, but the table is not displayed.

albribmun_0-1655137449375.png

albribmun_1-1655137470299.png

Quentin
Super User
Can you show the log? It should show the number of records read in, and the number of records written out. It may also show errors, warnings, or bad notes.
BASUG is hosting free webinars Next up: Don Henderson presenting on using hash functions (not hash tables!) to segment data on June 12. Register now at the Boston Area SAS Users Group event page: https://www.basug.org/events.
albribmun
Fluorite | Level 6

I have already found the solution using this: 

if intck('week', today(), datepart(fecha_envio)) ge -3

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 5 in conversation