BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Lochdonan
Fluorite | Level 6

I have a student that the SAS 1 course was too difficult but still wants to learn. I found this book and it looks perfect for them but I can not find the example data used. Does anyone have this data?

Thank you for your help.

2 REPLIES 2
Reeza
Super User

The Little SAS book is the general recommendation. 

The book you're recommending is not published by SAS so you'll have to find the author or page site for the data, couldn't find anything but that's not surprising for a 30+ year old book. 

I'm assuming by SAS 1 you're referring to the free online SAS e-courses available?

There's the Getting Started with SAS programming then the Stats 1 course which seem to overlap with that book. 

https://www.sas.com/en_ca/training/offers/free-training.html

Reeza
Super User
Personally, I also wouldn't recommend a resource that old. Many, many things have changed in SAS since then and using the older methods/approaches can also make things more difficult. Plus the conversion from the old output formats to the new formats alone will make the learning curve more difficult but my 0.05cents opinion.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation