BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
vijayanand
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi,

We have recently migrated the sas applications from AIX to Linux platform.  In the AIX server, there was a Windows Shared rive mounted on the server. The same shared drive was mounted in the new Linux server.

Now some of the sas programs which write create sas datasets in the shared location are failing with I/O errors.  This was not the case when the shared rive was mounted in the AIX server.

ERROR: An I/O error has occurred on file MASTER.table1.DATA.
ERROR: File MASTER.table1.DATA is damaged. I/O processing did not complete.

ERROR: An I/O error has occurred on file OUTSQL.table2.DATA.

One possible reason fr this error is lack of storage space. However, the windows shared rive has enough space.  Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Vijay.

3 REPLIES 3
Patrick
Opal | Level 21

Did it ever work in the new environment? Does it always fail? If not: Does it also fail for very small tables? Is there anything else in the SAS log that could tell us something?

vijayanand
Obsidian | Level 7

Yes Patrick.

It did work some times and failed some times.

The log has no additional information than what was shared.

Thanks.

Ksharp
Super User

Every user has a quota for disk storage , Talk to your AIX Admin if it has such kind of limitation .

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation