BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
jonas_olsson
Calcite | Level 5

Hello,

I want to suppress notes like these from being printed to the log in SAS studio:

NOTE: The UUID '9c7282ec-f599-444f-8cc2-e01054aab92f' is connected using session MYSESS.
NOTE: The Cloud Analytic Services server processed the request in 0.000225 seconds.
NOTE: The UUID '9c7282ec-f599-444f-8cc2-e01054aab92f' is connected using session MYSESS.
NOTE: The Cloud Analytic Services server processed the request in 0.00078 seconds.

I know that I can use this system option to suppress all notes:

options nonotes;

However there are some notes that I want to see, so I am wondering if there is some kind of option that only suppress the specific notes above, similar to how this system option specifically suppress notes about real time and cpu time:

options nostimer;

I have tried the session option messagelevel, and that did get rid of some other unwanted notes, but not the ones from above:

cas mysess sessopts=(caslib=casuser messagelevel=warning);

In case it matters, I am using SAS 9.4 / Viya 3.5 in SAS Studio 5.2.

One workaround would be to turn the notes system option on and off throughout the code...

But hoping that there is a specific option/setting to accomplish this?

3 REPLIES 3
ChrisNZ
Tourmaline | Level 20

Out of interest, why are these notes a problem? 

I don't think you do what you want except by using the method you mentioned.

This is not a new issue.

jonas_olsson
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks for your reply.

I sometimes generate notes in my macros with relevant information for the user in this way:

%put NOTE: this is a note;

At the moment, the SAS log gets clogged up with "connected using session" and "processed the request" notes. When running a full program, for every relevant note my macros have generated there are a few of these irrelevant and repetitive notes about the CAS connection and request.

If there are any other automatically generated notes I would be interested to see them. If I have notes turned off except for when I want to put my own notes to the log then I will be unaware of any system generated notes.

Hope this makes sense?

ChrisNZ
Tourmaline | Level 20

> Hope this makes sense?

It does. Clutter in the log is dreadful. Windows system logs are the worst for this.

I think the best option might be to have a post-job process that cleans the log files. 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation