BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
11 REPLIES 11
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

There should be scroll bars.

What user interface are you using? Can you show us a screen capture?

--
Paige Miller
Manvel
Obsidian | Level 7

I have a scroll bars but they are not working with mouse i can click in scroll bar and they will work but i want to use mouse and not clicking in scroll bar

PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

Please answer my questions:

What user interface are you using? Can you show us a screen capture?

Also, what operating system are you using?

--
Paige Miller
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

There is no left-right scroll bar because your screen is showing all variables.

Are you saying that pointing at the vertical scroll bar and dragging it downwards doesn't work?

--
Paige Miller
Manvel
Obsidian | Level 7

Yeah they don't work with mouse-wheel

Manvel_0-1660652816721.png

PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

"Wheel" has not been mentioned previously. You might want to change your original post to explain that you are talking about the mouse wheel.

My mouse wheel does not work for scrolling in SAS data sets in Base SAS 9.4/Windows 10

--
Paige Miller
FreelanceReinh
Jade | Level 19

The SAS Universal Viewer (which I prefer to the old Viewtable window) does support the mouse wheel for vertical scrolling. My version 1.42 does not support horizontal scrolling (only via the usual scroll bar, arrow buttons and items in the context menu of the scroll bar). I don't know if this has changed in newer versions (like 1.5).

maguiremq
SAS Super FREQ

Do you have the data set fully maximized like this?

maguiremq_0-1660651401653.png

If so, click the window button in the top right of the data set view and then the scroll bars appear.

maguiremq_1-1660651460798.png

This is on my local copy of SAS 9.4 with no customizations except for some text options.

Manvel
Obsidian | Level 7

My data set fully maximized

maguiremq
SAS Super FREQ

Well, I'm not sure if I have a solution for this. If someone else knows, I hope they chime in.

Below is a method that doesn't use the scroll wheel but gets at what you want with F7, F8 and Shift + options.

https://communities.sas.com/t5/New-SAS-User/How-to-use-mouse-scroll-in-viewtable-SAS-9-2/td-p/542331

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 4 in conversation