BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
bentleyj1
Quartz | Level 8

I'm an old SAS programmer transitioning to Enterprise Guide.  Most things I like, some things I don't.  I understand the concept of a SAS project, but I write programs, not projects.  Anyway. . .

During development run a program one step at a time and capture the log step by step so I can refer back to a previous iteration.  When it all works I do a final run to get a clean log for documentation.  I figured out how to turn on the EG Project Log feature. 

My question is about the Log Summary window.  Right now it has 500 entries (all Notes).  It bugs me.  It's very useful, but is there a way to clear the log summary without losing the Project Log?  Or do I have to save/delete the Project Log to make the Log Summary go away?  I asked a couple people and nobody knows.

Thanks in advance.

John

3 REPLIES 3
ChrisNZ
Tourmaline | Level 20

I'm an old SAS programmer transitioning to Enterprise Guide.  

I feel for you.

is there a way to clear the log summary without losing the Project Log?

As far as I know the only way to change the log summary is to change the log (by running something).

It bugs me.  

Why do you care? It's barely visible.

There are much bigger things to be upset about with EG imho.

bentleyj1
Quartz | Level 8

Thanks for the reply Chris.  As luck would have it, I ordered your book just a few days ago... it might arrive today.

Unfortunately for me, EG is becoming the required tool for SAS programmers here.  It's fine for data analysts who want to mouse their way thru a data step but it's too clumsy for doing any real coding.  Our IT is very lazy and it they can dump the SAS/Windows software then it's less work for them.  

ChrisNZ
Tourmaline | Level 20

1. Ah good man!  🙂

2. The company also saves on licencing costs by dumping SAS Desktop. I blame SAS Inc for the tragedy that the extinction of SAS Desktop is. They push EG and charge for the client software. A devastating double-whammy. I couldn't agree more with your assessment of EG's usefulness for coding.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation