weight _statewt;

subgroup cancer AGEp ;

levels 2 5;

var sex;

catlevel 1;

tables cancer;

stdvar agep;

stdwgt 0.42026284    0.20743092    0.20203482    0.08896694   0.08130448;

print nsum wsum percent sepercent lowpct uppct/wsumfmt=f6.0 totalfmt=f10.0 style=NCHS;

rtitle "age adjusted :";

output nsum wsum total percent sepercent lowpct uppct/wsumfmt=f13.0 totalfmt=f13.0

percentfmt=f12.1 sepercentfmt=f13.0 lowpctfmt=f13.0 uppctfmt=f13.0

filename=cancer3 filetype=sas replace;

run;

I do not have SAS SUDAAN and I would like to produce the same results that come out of SAS SUDAAN with SAS. The data has a weight "statewt" and its also age adjusted to 2000 population.

What SAS procedure do I use to get the same results that proc descript produces. Also what test would I use to test if sex is significant in the model.

Thank you,

1 REPLY 1
DWilson
Pyrite | Level 9

@Tendai wrote:

How do I replicate this SAS SUDAAN code

proc descript data= two filetype=SAS design=WR;

nest _ststr _psu/missunit;

weight _statewt;

subgroup cancer AGEp ;

levels 2 5;

var sex;

catlevel 1;

tables cancer;

stdvar agep;

stdwgt 0.42026284    0.20743092    0.20203482    0.08896694   0.08130448;

print nsum wsum percent sepercent lowpct uppct/wsumfmt=f6.0 totalfmt=f10.0 style=NCHS;

rtitle "age adjusted :";

output nsum wsum total percent sepercent lowpct uppct/wsumfmt=f13.0 totalfmt=f13.0

percentfmt=f12.1 sepercentfmt=f13.0 lowpctfmt=f13.0 uppctfmt=f13.0

filename=cancer3 filetype=sas replace;

run;

I do not have SAS SUDAAN and I would like to produce the same results that come out of SAS SUDAAN with SAS. The data has a weight "statewt" and its also age adjusted to 2000 population.

What SAS procedure do I use to get the same results that proc descript produces. Also what test would I use to test if sex is significant in the model.

Thank you,

For what it's worth, I don't think your SUDAAN code is doing what you think it's doing.

Your code asks SUDAAN to generate the proportion of records where sex=1 (var sex; catlevel 1) by levels of the cancer variable (tables cancer), standardized by age. I would think you'd want to generate the proportion of records with cancer (var cancer), by sex (tables sex), standardized by age.

You can see an example in creating age-standardized estimates with SAS proc Surveyreg here:

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/tutorials/NHANES/NHANESAnalyses/AgeStandardization/Task1b_SAS92.htm

The examples look like they will produce point estimates and standard errors but I don't see a way to statistically compare standardized estimates between groups, such as sexes. You'd have to be able to construct some combination of model parameter estimates that corresponded to that test; that you'd then specify on an ESTIMATE statement.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation