BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
JianShen
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi all,

For a project, I have to clean up a cas library in Viya. Specifically, the datasets in the public cas library have to be moved to another cas library that has restrictions. Since there are a lot of datasets (30+), I was looking for ways to move multiple datasets at the same time, as moving it set by set would take a lot of time. 

Currently, I've looked at the following options:

- proc datasets

- proc copy

I've noticed that these options only work if the datasets are already loaded into memory. If the datasets are unloaded, the procs return a message saying the library is empty.

As such, I was wondering if there is a way to move the unloaded (but saved) datasets to a different library. 

Best,

Jian

2 REPLIES 2
Carus
SAS Employee

If the library you are moving the datasets is another path or dnfs library, then you might try using a tool like winscp to copy and paste the .sashdat files from the public library into the directory of the other library.

If you look at the details for the public caslib, you can find where it exists on the server:

Carus_0-1589297846484.png

JianShen
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Carus,

Thank you for the quick reply! Unfortunately, I do not have access to the server, so I'm afraid that I cannot use that option.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation