BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
inquistive
Quartz | Level 8

rsubmit;
1. proc upload data=mylib.student_details out=student_details;
2. proc upload data= student.studentID out=studentID;
<data analysis steps> ... endrsubmit;

Based on above steps, suppose I have only 200 studentID(under mylib.student_details(step#1) in sample code) whereas student.studentID(step#2 in sample code) table has 1 million studentID. Now I want to fetch/upload only 200 studentID (required for the analysis).Is it possible to do so(limit records as per requirement)? If yes, how? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
AMSAS
SAS Super FREQ

There are a number of ways to control what gets uploaded using dataset options for example

OBS= Data Set Option
WHERE= Data Set Option 

Although I'm not sure that's the question you are asking. I suspect that you only want to upload observations from the large dataset that match observations (student_id) in the smaller dataset.

If that's the case then why not do a match-merge and upload the resulting dataset?

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation