BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Rixile106
Fluorite | Level 6

good day, 

am trying to execute sas jobs through controlM .any idea how i can achieve this. below is my library name 

/SAS/data/RiskDataManagement/data/NWOW/data/VBM/ControlM/DatatoHiveScripts.sas

5 REPLIES 5
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

If you have a SAS Metadata Server, and have deployed jobs from e.g. Data Integration Studio, you can get the full command line for each job in the deployed jobs properties in SAS Management Console.

Another option is to schedul flow of SAS jobs in SAS for host operation system scheduler. That will creata a .bat/.sh script which you can call from CTRL M.

Data never sleeps
Rixile106
Fluorite | Level 6
Is there a video or a document that can guide me through this process , am using SAS enterprise guide
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

The documentation tells you how to run in SAS batch mode:

https://documentation.sas.com/doc/en/pgmsascdc/9.4_3.5/hostwin/p16esisc4nrd5sn1ps5l6u8f79k6.htm#p01f...

Then it's amatter of triggering it from CTRL M - and here you could get help from you local CTRL M team.

Data never sleeps
SASKiwi
PROC Star

Reach out to your SAS administrator. Most likely they are running SAS batch jobs already and can guide you on the steps involved.

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

Start by making your code batch-ready (no ERRORs, no WARNINGs, clean log). Retrieve dynamic control data from environment variables.

In the company where I worked, we had a shell script called sasbatch which took over all the SAS-related stuff (record the job start, run the job, record the job end and return code).

From Control-M, which still ran on a mainframe, the JCL script created a UNIX wrapper script which set the necesssary parameters for a given job, copied this script to the UNIX server (sftp), ran the script (ssh), and once it was finished, retrieved the results (which were recorded in a file, once again sftp). The SAS job return code (recorded in the file) was then set as exit code for the JCL script.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation