proc import out=polis2
datafile="&glb_path.\01_projects\P010_date_MART\tests.xlsx"
 sheet="RCDTCOD";
getnames=yes;
mixed=yes;
usedate=yes;
scantime=yes;
run;

The following code selects a file from my oracle disk, I would like to change to open from network drives.
at this location "\\CORP.AD.GS.COM\DFS"

I dont know how to do it

9 REPLIES 9
Sajid01
Meteorite | Level 14

Hello

Modify this "&glb_path.\01_projects\P010_date_MART\tests.xlsx" to reflect the path of the new location.

Gieorgie
Quartz | Level 8
I got error : ERROR: Physical file does not exist, /home/V1410190/corp.ad.gs.com and are you mean "datafile="&glb_path.\CORP.AD.GS.COM\DFS/folder/filex.xslx ?
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

@Gieorgie wrote:
I got error : ERROR: Physical file does not exist, /home/V1410190/corp.ad.gs.com and are you mean "datafile="&glb_path.\CORP.AD.GS.COM\DFS/folder/filex.xslx ?

You have to use the EXACT path name and file name. If you mis-specify or mis-spell it in any way, it won't work. Your operating system can tell you the exact path name and file name to the Excel file.

Also, if SAS is running remotely, it can't access file in your local operating system. In that case, you will have to upload the file to the remote machine.

--
Paige Miller
Gieorgie
Quartz | Level 8
proc import out=polisy2
datafile='\\CORP.AD.GS.COM\DFS\\_change\TEST__id.csv'
dbms=csv replace;

run; And i still getting error: ERROR: Physical file does not exist, /home/V1410190\corp.ad.gs.com
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

@Gieorgie wrote:
proc import out=polisy2
datafile='\\CORP.AD.GS.COM\DFS\\_change\TEST__id.csv'
dbms=csv replace;

run; And i still getting error: ERROR: Physical file does not exist, /home/V1410190\corp.ad.gs.com

Look at the part I have turned into red text. /home/v1410190 is indicative that SAS is running on a server. It cannot access files on your local computer's operating system. You will have to upload the file to the server. (Or perhaps there is a way to map your local computer drive to a server drive, and your local IT staff or colleagues will have to tell you if this is possible or not.)

--
Paige Miller
andreas_lds
Jade | Level 19

The error message looks as if your sas session runs on linux, so ask the admin to mount the drive and make it accessible to you.

Sajid01
Meteorite | Level 14

Hello @Gieorgie 
The problem you are facing is of common occurrence particularly when some one is new to an organization or if there have been changes.
In addition to what all has been said in the posts above, there could be access restrictions.
Anybody who has been working for a while in the environment for example a senior colleague or the SAS Administrator would be the appropriate persons (local guides/champions  )to help.
In the forum one can  get directions and explanations but in a similar scenario I would seek assistance / guidance from my colleagues / SAS Admins first before going anywhere else.

Gieorgie
Quartz | Level 8
Understood, really be honest im new on my corp. next time i will go to my colleague . I thougt it was much easier, and a problem is a small. Have a nice weekend
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

@Gieorgie wrote:
Understood, really be honest im new on my corp. next time i will go to my colleague . I thougt it was much easier, and a problem is a small. Have a nice weekend

Some problems, like this one, are best answered locally, as most likely you have to upload the file of interest to your remote SAS installation, and the exact steps are probably different in each company.

--
Paige Miller

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 1 like
  • 4 in conversation