BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
4 REPLIES 4
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

Confounding usually refers to the X variables only. You can assess it using PROC REG (and many other procedures) with a fake continuous Y variable. VIF and similar measures are what you want.

--
Paige Miller
KKIND
Obsidian | Level 7

@PaigeMiller, thank you very much! What I am trying is running a code with the DV and the primary IV and then running it again adding the variable I am assessing for confounding and checking for the difference in estimates output table. Is difference more than 10% then the variable is a confounder. Does that make sense or do I just look at the p value by running the code  DV= IV and the variable, and if significant, consider it a confounder? Thanks!

PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

@KKIND wrote:

@PaigeMiller, thank you very much! What I am trying is running a code with the DV and the primary IV and then running it again adding the variable I am assessing for confounding and checking for the difference in estimates output table. Is difference more than 10% then the variable is a confounder. Does that make sense or do I just look at the p value by running the code  DV= IV and the variable, and if significant, consider it a confounder? Thanks!

This should have been explained in your original message. Instead you make me guess at what you want, and waste my time.

I will stick with my original answer, I feel that is a better way to address confounding than your 10% method.

--
Paige Miller
KKIND
Obsidian | Level 7

@PaigeMiller, apologies for having wasted your time. Thanks again.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation