BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
gabriellk
Calcite | Level 5

I'm new to programming and I'm looking for some guidance on where to begin. Specifically, I'm wondering what are some common programming languages that are recommended for beginners. Are there any programming languages that are easier to learn than others, or that are more versatile and widely used?

I'm also interested in learning how to choose the right programming language for a specific project. For example, if I want to build a website, should I be learning HTML, CSS, and JavaScript, or would another language be more suitable? What factors should I be considering when selecting a programming language for my project?

Finally, I would like to know if there are any good online resources or courses that you would recommend for someone just starting out. Are there any particular websites or platforms that are known for their quality programming tutorials or educational content? I'm hoping to find resources that will help me build a strong foundation in programming and set me up for success in the long term.

3 REPLIES 3
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

Without more information, there is no real answer to your question. I could name 100 programming languages.

When you say "Specifically, I'm wondering what are some common programming languages that are recommended for beginners" I ask, what task do you want to tackle?  If you want to perform statistical analysis, I would not recommend HTML, C++ or Javascript. In most cases, if you are trying to build a web site, I would not recommend SAS R or Python.

And if you are not talking about some statistical analyses, statistical graphics or data base work, I think you are in the wrong forum, this forum is really for SAS related questions.

--
Paige Miller
gabriellk
Calcite | Level 5

@gabriellk wrote:

I'm new to programming and I'm looking for some guidance on where to begin. Specifically, I'm wondering what are some common programming languages that are recommended for
https://www-paymydoctor.com/
beginners. Are there any programming languages that are easier to learn than others, or that are more versatile and widely used?

I'm also interested in learning how to choose the right programming language for a specific project. For example, if I want to build a website, should I be learning HTML, CSS, and JavaScript, or would another language be more suitable? What factors should I be considering when selecting a programming language for my project?

Finally, I would like to know if there are any good https://caregiverconnect.wiki/ online resources or courses that you would recommend for someone just starting out. Are there any particular websites or platforms that are known for their quality programming tutorials or educational content? I'm hoping to find resources that will help me build a strong foundation in programming and set me up for success in the long term.

Thanks for giving information.. I am currently studying Artificial Intelligence in Business using either C++ or Python. As part of my studies, I am working on some personal projects that I prefer not to disclose at the moment. These projects are aimed at enhancing my practical skills in AI, which will enable me to make a significant contribution to the field of AI in business.

PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

Ok, good luck. But I still think your question is off topic here in the SAS Communities, as it seems to have nothing to do with SAS.

--
Paige Miller

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation