BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Pam_UMN
Fluorite | Level 6

Is there any way to retain previous results after each run? I would like to scroll back and see the earlier analyses I did in the same session.

Thank you!

5 REPLIES 5
Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

Depends on how you are "running".  Are you using Display Manager?  If so it doesn't remove output unless you tell it to.  Are you using SAS/Studio?  There is a clock icon that will show previous submissions.

Pam_UMN
Fluorite | Level 6

Yes, I'm using University Edition (aka Studio), which I started using recently because I need to teach virtually during the pandemic.  I've been a PC-SAS user for decades and it's a bit odd.  I'll look for the clock icon...would you be able to tell me where it is?  I appreciate the help!

Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

Look next to the Running Man.

image.png

You can also switch to "interactive" mode where it doesn't reset everything between submits.

image.png

Pam_UMN
Fluorite | Level 6

Thank you.  That does bring me back to the code that generated previous output, which has some benefit.  I'll do a bit more digging to find out how to keep a running compilation of results.

I appreciate your time and help.

Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

Sounds like you want the interactive mode. 

https://blogs.sas.com/content/iml/2015/12/14/sas-studio-interactive-iml.html 

It is critical for using some of the interactive procedures that support run blocks (think any procedure that requires a QUIT statement to actually end).

You can also always just open multiple code windows.  If you can separate the steps in your program flow into separate pieces of code then when you have finished debugging step 1 and gotten the output for it you can move to debugging step 2.  While doing that if you want to refer to the output from step1 just go over to that other code window.

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation