BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Ameurgen
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi evry one,

i need little help , i ma conducting GLM using ineraction between month and breed (see plot example below), so but GLM keep give me the months  in disorder , so please in any one have a  solution, that will be very helpful

regards

Ameurgen_1-1695687321292.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ballardw
Super User

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess as there is absolutely no actual description of the data involved that your variable Breeding_month is character, meaning it contains letters. So the natural order of character months starts with April, August, ....

The easiest approach would be to create a new variable that is the month number of the calendar year and use that.

If you want to see text like April appear then create a custom format that will display the numeric value 1='January' 2='February' etc.

OR go back early in your data and make sure that your month variable is a date value and use a format like MONNAME to display the dates as words.

@Ameurgen wrote:

Hi evry one,

i need little help , i ma conducting GLM using ineraction between month and breed (see plot example below), so but GLM keep give me the months  in disorder , so please in any one have a  solution, that will be very helpful

regards

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
ballardw
Super User

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess as there is absolutely no actual description of the data involved that your variable Breeding_month is character, meaning it contains letters. So the natural order of character months starts with April, August, ....

The easiest approach would be to create a new variable that is the month number of the calendar year and use that.

If you want to see text like April appear then create a custom format that will display the numeric value 1='January' 2='February' etc.

OR go back early in your data and make sure that your month variable is a date value and use a format like MONNAME to display the dates as words.

@Ameurgen wrote:

Hi evry one,

regards

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation