BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Jose7
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi experts,

I have sas installed on linux and sometimes I need to find out what process is filling the work area, whether due to bad programming or something else.
I go into Linux and run the top command to see the running processes, but I can't find a way to distinguish the process that may be causing the problem.

Captura.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SASKiwi
PROC Star

The way to do it is to analyse the SAS WORK storage area. Let's say your SAS Compute server uses a WORK storage area called /sas/saswork. Each SAS session creates a folder inside the saswork folder and they are named like this - tdnnnnn_<Server host name>_. The <nnnnn> part of the folder name is actually the process ID of the SAS session. So then you can easily find the WORK folder taking up the most space and identify the PID from the folder name using Unix commands.  

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
SASKiwi
PROC Star

The way to do it is to analyse the SAS WORK storage area. Let's say your SAS Compute server uses a WORK storage area called /sas/saswork. Each SAS session creates a folder inside the saswork folder and they are named like this - tdnnnnn_<Server host name>_. The <nnnnn> part of the folder name is actually the process ID of the SAS session. So then you can easily find the WORK folder taking up the most space and identify the PID from the folder name using Unix commands.  

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation